Raleigh, NC, June 20, 2016 – Alliance Hospitality recently held its annual corporate executive conference at the company’s recently acquired Glenview Wyndham Suites in Glenview, Illinois. The property is in the midst of a multi-million dollar renovation as part of a conversion to the Delta by Marriott brand and will open under the new flag in September.
At the conference, which focused on core operating areas including revenue management, risk management, sales strategies, team building and team retention, Alliance recognized its top performers in the following categories:
- General Manager of the Year: Ron Disbrow, Doubletree Dallas Market Center
- Director of Sales of the Year: Julie Poklemba, Hilton Garden Inn – Danbury, CT
- Hotel of the Year: Holiday Inn – Indianapolis/Carmel, IN
The criteria upon which each candidate and property was evaluated and how final decisions were made are as follows:
- General Manager of the Year: Improvement of bottom line profitability, thorough and timely completion of assigned duties, local team interaction, motivation, and management.
- Director of Sales of the Year: Overall increase in Yielded LNR revenue, overall sales solicitation production compared to goals, thorough and timely completion of assigned duties.
- Hotel of the Year: Holiday Inn: Improvement of bottom line profitability, guest satisfaction scores, brand service scores, team member feedback scores, and ownership scorecard results.
Commenting on the awards and the recipients, Alliance Hospitality Chairman Rolf Tweeten said, “Great people are the backbone of a great company. The only way a company can be successful is by having a team of professionals that is built of smart, successful, results-driven people. We are proud and fortunate to have such a team and are delighted to be able to recognize the ‘best of the best”.